At DIY Works, we are looking long-term with regards to our brand and this means that we are looking for enthusiastic DIY’ers to join our team. Whether you are into construction, plumbing, gardening, decorating or any other form of DIY, if you have the ability to turn your passion into great writing, we would love to speak to you.
What You Will Be Doing At DIY Works
- Creating informative guides, tutorials, and product reviews in the DIY sector you specialise in
- Articles must be well-written and show your first-hand experience
- Must be able to thoroughly test and review products
- Able to cover every aspect of your DIY specialty
- Create unique photos and videos for the website and our social media platforms
- Photos must be taken from a high-quality phone or camera
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok
What We Need From You
At DIY Works, we have a strict editorial process and we want to maintain our high-quality content. This means that you need to have good writing skills and the DIY knowledge to match.
If you are “in the trade” (i.e. Plumber, Builder, Decorator etc) and want to create content, you are exactly who we are looking for.
As we take great pride in the fact that we thoroughly test products, you’ll need to be confident in reviewing tools, equipment, and materials. You may also need to use these tools for other articles such as “How To” guides and other informative content.
Along with your DIY knowledge and ability to produce excellent writing, photo and video content is also a requirement. This means that you’ll need to be able to take high-quality photos and videos that will be uploaded onto your website and social media platforms.
Skills & Experience Required
- Eat, sleep and breathe DIY
- Write high-quality content
- Be able to take high-quality photos and videos
- Excellent DIY knowledge
- Work “in the trade” (not essential but very desirable for us)
- Reliable and consistent
- Experience with Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok and other social media
Pay & Benefits
The pay we offer is negotiable and this is because your DIY experience and quality of writing are big factors.
As well as a generous pay package, another benefit of working for DIY Works is that if we send you tools or equipment for use in your articles, we allow you to keep them afterwards. From screwdrivers to garden hoses, we will send these products directly to you.
How To Apply
If you feel that you would be a great addition to the DIY Works team, please send an email to [email protected] with “DIY Works Writer” as the subject. Within your email, please provide your experience with DIY and any examples of your work.
As this is a writing role, please provide an article that’s written about a DIY task of your choice. This can be anything from “How To Build A Shed” to “DEWALT Cordless Drill Review”, the article you choose to write is completely up to you.
If you have any questions regarding our job opportunities at DIY Works, please contact us.